Participant 1 - Team Captain
- Coed Softball Game
- When: February 27th
- Time: 7 PM
- Location: Alphaland Gym
- Individual (non member) - $40 Day Pass
- Free for Alphaland Members
- Rules & Regulations:
- 10 players (at least 4 females) in the field at all times. (THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 1 FEMALE IN THE OUTFIELD). Alphaland rules will allow a team to play with a minimum of 8 players (at least 2 females and a max of 6 males). If only 2 women are present at game time, they must bat twice in the first 10 batters. If a team has less than the minimum required number of players it is up to the opponent or staff as to what is allowable.
- Game length: 50 minutes.
- Should a team not have enough players to start a game, the clock will start and that team has until 45 minutes left on the game clock to field the minimum number of players.
- All batters will start with a 1 ball / 1 strike count.
- Teams MUST have 1-Male and 1-Female pitching or catching.
- In Co-Ed play, when a batter (male or female) hits a fair ball to the outfield, the first play from the outfield may not be on the batter/runner at first base. Should an outfielder attempt to put out the batter/runner at first base as the first play from the outfield, the batter/runner will not be called out and the defense will be given a warning of the rule violation. All subsequent violations of this rule will result in the batter/runner NOT being called out AND being awarded 2nd base. IF the batter rounds the first base bag after a batted ball, the outfielder may throw behind the runner. In addition, an outfielder can make a throw to first if the runner on first fails to tag up OR retreats after tagging on a fly ball.
- In regards to any Game where there is a COMMITMENT LINE & ALTERNATE HOME PLATE, the base runner running from third to home, MUST run and tag the ALTERNATE HOME PLATE. Should they run to & touch HOME PLATE they will be called OUT. Once any part of the base runner crosses the commit line they must continue forward & proceed to the alternate home plate. Should they retreat back across the commitment line, the ball will remain live, but the runner will be called OUT...immediately. After the runner crosses the commit line, they cannot be played upon by the defensive between the commitment line and the alternate home plate. If they are, the ball is still alive and the baserunner will be awarded home. In other words, once any part of the base runner passes the commitment line the defense must throw to Home Plate for the FORCE OUT or Tag Home plate to retire said baserunner.
- There is no max to the # of male or female batters as long as the team keeps the same guy/girl order. Players may substitute freely throughout the game in the field. Only one Male & one Female courtesy runner will be allowed per inning. The courtesy runner must be the same sex but may be any player in the lineup.
- A legal pitch must have an arc of (6′- 10′) by the pitcher. Any pitch that is not deemed legal will be an automatic ball.
- Inning Run Limits:
- There will be a 6 run limit per inning through innings 1-4. (Exception: unlimited runs may be scored if one of the innings 1-4 is declared the final inning of the game.) Unlimited runs may be scored in innings 5, 6, and 7 always.
- Mercy Rule:
- 12 runs up after 4 innings or 10 runs up after 5 complete innings.
- Home Run Rules:
- Home Runs allowed per game are as follows: 2 per gender. On a Home Run that causes the max of 6 runs per inning situation only the number of run to 6 will be counted. (i.e: 4 runs have been scored a home run is hit with 2 people on base causing 7 runs in the inning. Only 6 runs will be counted for the inning).
- In order to participate in the game, each non member must sign the waiver. Waivers are provided and must be completed and handed in before the start of the game.
- The idea of this is to have fun. We hope that all participants keep that in mind when becoming involved. Although the games may become intense, you still can be competitive while maintaining good sportsmanship. With this said, any behavior deemed unacceptable by staff may result in suspension and/or ejection from a game or the league.